Welcome to the “OUTPOST”

PrintWelcome to “The Outpost”–GRIT Cycle’s very own blog!

We’re hoping to take our conversations beyond the deck; delving deeper into subjects that matter to you {nutrition, fitness, community, charity, etc.}

The 45 minutes we get with you in the saddle room, although we are grateful for it, just never seems like enough time with our gritty crew.

We’re hoping The Outpost helps bridge that gap.

We want to keep this interactive and open to all of you…so with that being said we’re inaugurating this first post with a GIVEAWAY!

Tell us below, in the comments section, what’s YOUR favorite move in the saddle room and why.

The comments have to be HERE, on The Outpost, not on our Facebook page or Instagram, although we still want to keep in touch with you there.

Three comments will be randomly selected to win a free GRIT class!—

sorry CONTEST CLOSED–the winners of a free class are:

Misha Nesselrod, Katie Reed, and Heidi Trevino

We hope you are as excited as we are to take this relationship to the next level….

Bye for now…

21 Comments Add yours

1. michelle m miller says:

My favorite move is a climb with a push and tap back for the song after weights. I like it slow, tough and motivational. It makes me feel good about what I have accomplished with a rush of emotions…It’s the best part of my entire day! Love you Grit. You have seriously put me in the right, positive direction.
    Michelle Miller

2. Megan says:

Tap backs!😊 I only get to do them when I visit California(and your studio) once or twice a year, but look forward to it each time I show up at Grit.

3. Heidi Trevino says:

I like the “disco dancer” single, single, double. It’s super fun and sassy!!!!!!

4. Mandi says:

Honestly, the whole first warm up song is my favorite. Throughout the first song I focus on the move (in Matt’s class it’s the bounce!) and I slowly let go of the world outside the studio and give myself permission to focus just on me for the next 40 minutes.

5. Kristi Archuleta says:

I love the motorcycles. Usually a faster pace song. It gets my heart rate up. Love the side to side. Four than two. Back to four then finish with two.

6. Jackie Park says:

My favorite move is the “single, single, double” – because it’s not only a physical challenge but a mental one to stay consistent and on the beat.

7. Misha says:

I love figure 8s because I can really feel my obliques engage and of course its very dance-y

8. gfreeiniv says:

I love a good double tap back into a front body roll up. It adds a dash of spicy and a whole lot of sexy to the class. Pair with Ginuwine’s “Pony” for optimal results 😉

9. Kevin Kanda says:

My favorite move…
    Is ANY move that Eric Beach is doing!…

10. I love a tap back/push up to a sexy, dark song after the weights section.

11. Lala says:

Push to a tap back! Core baby!!!

12. Inga B says:

My favorite move is the figure 8s…nothing better than getting the whole body moving and it’s the one move where I feel like I’m really dancing!!! For me class is all about letting go and just enjoying the moment. When I figure 8….my body is moving, my head is swinging and I’m just enjoying that moment of being free!!

13. Kat says:

I think my FAV move is “the Waltz”! I can totally feel that the next day, really engages your core! I also love a good heavy slow figure 8! Best start ot end to my day….at GRIT!! 💙

14. Debbie Springer says:

I love the Figure 8’s…….so fun!! Movement with a Purpose…….Love my GRIT

15. Amy M says:

It’s a toss up between Motorcycles and hover’s. Both are challenging with the motorcycles being a faster pace cardio move and challenging myself to keep pace during the full song, endurance! And the hover’s are great at working my core and my quads…feel the burn!

16. Amy M says:

It’s a toss up between Motorcycles and hover’s. I love each for the different challenges…testing my endurance with the fast pace cardio of motorcycles and challenging myself to stay at pace through the full song. With hover’s it really works your core and quads…feel the burn!

17. Kelly Harrington says:

This is a hard one for me but if I had to pick one is would have to be waltz second figure 8s. Miss my grit❤️

18. Slow Figure 8’s–hands down favorite!

19. Katie says:

Push ups to tap backs…whether 1-3, 2-2, 1-1, or any other combination! I love the movement across the whole bike and the variety of ways that instructors combine the two moves. The move is flexible enough that you never know what kind of song you’ll get along with it: fast and slow both work.

20. Courtney Blackburn says:

I love to waltz because my body needs that change in rhythm.